10. 04. 2011
Apple announces iPhone 4S
At Apple's highly anticipated "let's talk iPhone" event today, the big tech brand made a number of interesting announcements, iOS 5 will be available from October 12th, there'll be a new version of the iPad Touch which will come in white as well as black and who can forget the new handset, the iPhone 4S.
Many online commentators have been disappointed that Apple didn't unveil an iPhone 5, but the 4S still has a number of interesting new features even if it looks pretty much identical to the iPhone 4!
- A5 processor chip inside, which is the same one found within an iPad 2. This means much faster speeds.
- An improved battery life.
- Two antennas so there'll be no more problems with loss of signal when people grip the handset in a certain way and call quality will generally be improved too.
- An 8 MP camera (very happy about this!)
- Voice recognition app Siri
So the changes aren't HUGE, but they are an improvement on what the iPhone 4 currently offers. It'll be interesting to see whether tech enthusiasts and Apple fans swarm to get their hands on an iPhone 4S like they did when past handsets were launched...
[Image via gdgt]