12. 03. 2010
Holiday Gift List Challenge- Win a $100 Gift Card from American Express!
What kind of gifter are you? I just took this American Express quiz which says I'm a "creative" gifter. I think this is accurate if that means I think about gifts for ages, dog-ear catalogs and magazines, ask questions all year, and then hurriedly try to get the gifts starting on about, oh December 21st, when I have to pay as much for express shipping as I do for the gifts. American Express has developed a "shopping personality program" to help people like me (and like most people, I think) who have shopping personality disorder. American Express would like to help people shop smarter, and better manage their gift budgets. American Express has challenged me to be the best "creative gifter" I can be, and so with 150,000 American Express Gold membership points. I am going to try and get the perfect gifts for my sister, husband, niece, nephew, and son. My challenge, obviously, will be learning to be creative while getting really nice gifts for a lot of people. This is my problem- I tend to overspend for one or two people and end up short-changing others because I haven't thought about my budget. This year will be different.
Over the next few days, I'll be spending time on the Membership Rewards site, as well as on ShopAmex.com to look for my perfect gifts. ShopAmex lets you combine membership points with your American Express card for more shopping choices. I'll be writing more posts about my shopping progress, and updating you on the gifts I find.
And the best part about the Holiday Gift List Challenge?
You can win a $100 gift card from American Express to help you purchase what's on your gift list, just by finding out what kind of gifter you are. Perhaps you're a Self-gifter or Over-gifter (self-explanatory), but there's also the Big Ticket Gifter (buys computers, stereos, we like these people), the Creative Gifter, and the Last-Minute Gifter. I'm definitely a schizoid mix of all of these types, so I really need help.
A few tips from American Express on how to earn the most points and enjoy more rewards:
1) Gift Cards Start at Just 1,000 Points. From Gap to Old Navy to Bath & Body Works, you can find gift cards starting at just 1,000 points.
2) Find Great Deals. At membershiprewards.com/specials, you can save points with great deals on select rewards like electronics, travel, entertainment, home accessories and more. New items are added regularly.
3) The Fastest Way to Redeem. Get a reward certificate or gift card delivered via e-mail in 3 hours or less from select retail partners. Look for the "e-reward" logo below our participating partners.
4) Expedite Your Shipping. With select partners, such as Apple and Garmin, you can now receive guaranteed delivery in 3 business days for only $10 charged to your card.
How to win:
1) Take the Holiday Gifting Personality Quiz on Facebook.
2) Post your results in the comments section on this post or others in the Holiday Gift List Challenge. You will have to provide an email address so we can contact you if you win.
At the end of the contest, on December 17th, 2010, one winner will be picked at random.