12. 06. 2007
Pleo arrives in time for the holidays
Pleo is finally here! After nearly a year of false starts, Pleo A Ugobe Life Form, is ready to become your family's newest pet. Ready to ship from Amazon on December 18, 2007, Pleo doesn't come cheap, but is a guaranteed pleaser. The major product highlights:
* Sophisticated sensory system with nearly 40 devices enable sight, touch, and autonomous movement,
* Robotic wonder explores and reacts to environment, interacts with you, and expresses emotion,
* Life OS platform of tools, technologies and AI combine to create an expressive whole that forms a unique personality,
* Includes a rechargeable NiMH battery and multiple built-in data ports, and is backed by a manufacturer's 90-day warranty,
* Weighs 3.5 pounds, measures 6 x 7.5 x 20.7 inches (W x H x D), and is suited to everyone ages 8 and up,
If you're interested in owning a Pleo or simply have a deep curiosity about the technology behind this little guy, our friends over at wunder-site How Stuff Works have created a terrific guide to answer all your questions here.
Price: $349.99 at Amazon.
[MORE GIFT IDEAS IN THE POPGADGET SHOP]