11. 19. 2007
Popgadget seeking newsletter editor and Tokyo or Seoul writer
We're looking for another freelance writer and trendhunter, this time with a focus on what's coming out of Asia. The new writer will contribute one newsletter item per week and also contribute to blog posts (frequency of posting is flexible, depending on your availability).
We're also looking for a newsletter editor to contribute one short newsletter item per week on tech tips (about 300 words) and to set up and edit 2 to 3 newsletters per week (some html coding knowledge is a plus).
Details after the jump.
Prior professional experience is not required, but strong technical writing skills are. Also: an avid interest in keeping current on tech news and pop culture, an original voice, and the ability to consistently write on schedule. Our payment rates are competitive with other high-profile commercial blogs.
To apply, please send an email to PopgadgetDrop@gmail.com with the following:
1. Name and location (city and country), and telephone number,
2. Languages spoken/written,
3. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART: 2 to 3 sample posts/newsletter stories (images not necessary) (these should be examples of what your actual stories will look like on Popgadget, so articles from another publication may not be helpful),
4. Current profession/job,
5. Your areas of knowledge in relation to technology and pop culture,
6. Some background information (formal resume not necessary),
7. Days and times you can be regularly available (this is very important, we need to be able to reach you);
8. Any other information you think would be helpful.
Deadline to apply is December 5th.