06. 15. 2007
Write for Popgadget
Popgadget is on the prowl for a few good freelance writers familiar with blogging and technology to cover the following:
1. Consumer tech news: Someone who already keeps abreast of tech news and events and can write about them in a timely manner every weekday (5 posts per week).
2. Devices: 5 posts per month on new devices - cell phones, cameras, laptops, PDAs, music players, etc.
3. Newsletter writers:
- A writer in Asia to write one email newsletter per week on new or undiscovered tech or design coming out of Asia (approximately 300 words).
- Someone to cover new tech product releases once per week (300 words).
- You can apply to be both a devices or news writer as well as a newsletter writer.
While prior professional experience is not strictly required, strong technical writing skills are a must, as well as: an avid interest in keeping current on tech news and pop culture, an original voice, and the ability to consistently write on schedule beginning the first of July. Our payment rates are competitive with other high-profile commercial blogs. Potential opportunity for working on future launches.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following: (read after the jump)
1. Name and location (city and country), and telephone number,
2. Languages spoken/written,
3. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART: Three to four sample posts (images not necessary) (these should be examples of what your actual posts will look like on Popgadget, so articles from another publication may not be helpful),
4. Current profession/job,
5. Your areas of knowledge in relation to technology and pop culture,
6. Some background information (formal resume not necessary),
7. Days and times you can be regularly available (this is very important, we need to be able to reach you);
8. Any other information you think would be helpful (such as other applicable experience in Internet technology, advertising, marketing, or business). We welcome entrepreneurial individuals with other talents aside from writing.
Deadline to apply is June 25th.