08. 09. 2006
Popgadget writing positions
We're looking to add two new freelance writers to our writing crew:
1. A morning news writer who can commit to being available every weekday at a specific time to scope out the day's news, talk to our editor and write up pieces for posting the same day or the following morning. If you're already a tech news addict with an eye for products and events that appeal to women, and can consistently deliver at least 25 posts per month, this may be your perfect outlet. Professional writing experience is not required, just humor, an original voice, and an avid interest in pop/tech culture.
2. A weekend writer available at least one day every weekend, and a couple of days during the week to write up pieces primarily on new consumer electronic devices. Let us know if you also have interest and knowledge about cars. Minimum of 5 posts per week (20 per month) required.
Our payment rates are competitive with other high-profile commercial blogs.
To apply, please send an email to Mia with the following:
1. Name and location (city and country),
2. Languages spoken/written,
3. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART: Three to four sample posts of approximately 300 words (images not necessary) (these should be examples of what your actual posts will look like on Popgadget, so articles from another publication may not be helpful),
4. Current profession/job,
5. Your areas of knowledge,
6. Some background information (formal resume not necessary),
7. Days and times you can be regularly available;
8. Any other information you think would be helpful (though please keep it brief).
Deadline to apply is August 18th. We'll look at all responses as they come in, and start calling people this week. If you've applied previously, we may be calling you (and my apologies for not replying to each person who responded), but please feel free to send us another email if you're still interested.